Happy Halloween!!! This week we’re talking about a very spooky topic: MONEY! ?
You can skim this short email or click the links to learn more.
Let’s do this…
? The Podcast:
For this week’s ?podcast episode focused on “TALKING MONEY,” I interviewed Kelly Harper, an experience strategist with over 20 years of financial services experience – focused on marketing, branding, customer experience and financial literacy.
Kelly is also a big Brené Brown fan, as you can see by the tattoo she has on her wrist!
Kelly and I had a lively conversation about money, and specifically about how we can and should have conversations about money with some important people in our lives, including our partners, our parents, our children, and our friends.
In this podcast you will learn, amongst other things:
- three bank accounts you and your partner might want to set up
- why you should tell your children that you are saving for their future
- three things you and your parents need to have lined-up
Thank you, Kelly!
? Talk About SCARY Topics
What topics do you consider taboo? A few months ago I did some research to identify the 20 most taboo topics in Canada and around the world , whether in personal conversations or at work. You can find the list here.
Some (not all!) of these topics are very important to talk about. We could all use a primer on how to make those conversations easier, right? I just checked, and Talk About Talk has now covered five taboo topics, including Money, plus these four:
TALKING TO YOUR DOCTOR with NYGH CEO Dr. Joshua Tepper
How to give NEGATIVE FEEDBACK with Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Talking About MENTAL HEALTH…
? DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
Three ideas for INITIATING THESE CONVERSATIONS:
- Take the cue from pop-culture – a movie, a tv show, a celebrity (“Did you see how they argued…?”)
- Reference the experience of a mutual friend or family member (“Did you hear what happened to that family down the street?”)
- Mention this podcast! (“I just listened to a great podcast and I learned about some important conversations that we should have…”)
You can do it! ?
I hope you enjoy this week’s podcast, “Let’s Talk About Money with Kelly Harper”
… And I hope you are inspired to initiate at least one “scary” but important conversation with your friends or family!
?Speaking of scary, this weekend I am going onstage with one of the improv comedians I interviewed for the podcast on “Lessons from the Improv Stage.” If you’re in Toronto and you’re a comedy fan, I would ❤️love to see you there! Here are the details again:
- WHAT: Monkey Toast: The Improvised Talk Show
- WHEN: Saturday November 2, 8pm
- WHERE: Social Capital Theatre, 154 Broadview Ave, Toronto (2nd floor, corner of Danforth & Broadview)
- TICKETS: are $15 in advance (HERE) or $20 at the door
LAST – If you enjoy these FREE weekly blogs and podcasts, I ask you to please ?forward this email or send this link to your friends and colleagues who may also be interested in learning some important communication skills.
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach – Talk About Talk Inc.
Were you forwarded this email from a friend?
SUBSCRIBE to the email blog NOW
© 2019 Talk About Talk – All rights reserved