An efficient summary of the 19 Communication Skills from 2019, including the words we say, types of implicit communication, tips for specific people & contexts, & important meta learnings.
?PODCAST LINK: https://talkabouttalk.com/40-19-communication-skills
Guest Experts & ? Episode Links
THE WORDS WE SAY
COMMUNICATING WITH A.I.
IMPLICIT COMMUNICATION IS SIGNIFICANT & GOES BEYOND BODY LANGUAGE & OUR VOICE
- Body Language – Executive coach Cynthia Barlow
- Our Voice – Baritone Opera Singer Bradley Christensen
- Colour – Quilting Store Owner Daryl Aitken, Decorator Jenn Purkis, Photographer Lori Ryerson
- Gift-Giving & Possessions– Professor Russell Belk
- Fashion & Style – Executive Director of Toronto Fashion Week Carolyn Quinn
- Fonts, Typography & Emojis – The Font Guy Patrick Griffin
TALKING WITH SPECIFIC PEOPLE
6. TALKING WITH OUR KIDS
7. TALKING WITH OUR DOCTOR
SUPPORTING OUR GRIEVING FRIENDS
COMMUNICATING WITH NEGATIVE PEOPLE
READING & WRITING REVIEWS
GOING ONSTAGE WITH CONFIDENCE
GENERAL, META LEARNINGS
FOUR WAYS WE WANT TO BE PERCEIVED
The Significance of LISTENING
- The ABCDE’s of Communication: “E” = “Use your Ears” LISTEN!
The Significance of STORIES
YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAY
THANKS for listening – and READING!
- Web: https://talkabouttalk.com/
- FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2512948625658629/
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/TalkingAboutTalk/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/talkabouttalk/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/talk_about_talk
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/talkingabouttalk/
- Email: [email protected]
TalkAboutTalk CORE BELIEF:
“When we communicate effectively, we can be a better manager, co-worker, parent, partner and friend.
TalkAboutTalk BRAND PROMISE:
“TalkAboutTalk is the communication learning platform that will help us catapult our career and enrich our relationships by providing us with communication skills and confidence.”
***When referencing resources and products, TalkAboutTalk sometimes uses affiliate links. These links don’t impose any extra cost on you, and they help support the free content provided by TalkAboutTalk.